CLICK https://bongino.com/tucker-carlson-slams-big-tech-ceos-hypocrisy-after-latest-hearing [8:02] to hear Tucker tear into the CEOs of Twitter, Facebook, and Google. They say they believe in free speech, yet they wholly support massive censorship of speech they don’t like.
While it is true that more information is available more quickly than ever before, the problems of people spreading lies, slander, gossip, disinformation, fake news, partisan talking points, etc. etc. dates back to the Garden of Eden.
Surely the Founders knew all about it, yet they made it a top priority to ensure that speech in America should be policed by individuals, not the government. They may not have had any inkling of the problem we face now with billionaire CEOs deciding what we should and shouldn’t know, but they certainly would have opposed them.
So how should we go about filtering out what we should believe, pass on, and base our beliefs and actions upon?
One method dates back to Socrates, who is credited with the Triple Filter Test.
- Is it true? Do I know for a fact that this information is true? Can I bet on it? Will I be able to prove it to anyone? Am I willing to compromise my reputation over this?
- Is it good? Does it benefit me or the other person? Will it make them or me a better person and evoke positive emotions? Will the situation of those involved improve?
- Is it necessary or useful? By knowing this message, will that person’s life or my life improve? Can that person take any practical action regarding this information or message? In what way does not knowing this information hurt or affect the other person?
The Rotary Club has developed their Four-Way Test, which they describe as “a nonpartisan and nonsectarian ethical guide for Rotarians to use for their personal and professional relationships.” Rotarians recite it at club meetings.
Of the things we think, say or do,
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
The Bible also has a lot to say about this issue. My personal favorite is Philippians 4:8.
One response to “Censorship”
SO I COPY EACH OF YOUR MEMES IN THE CENSORSHIP POST…
I AM IMMEDIATELY BLOCKED FROM FACEBOOK… ZUCK IS A FRAUD!
HE MADE HIS MONEY BY PROMISING US FREE SPEECH IN EXCHANGE FOR PEDDLEING OUR PERSONAL DATA TO ANYONE WHO WILL BUY IT! AND THEN HIS FAKE AI BLOCKS US! THATS A BAIT AND SWITCH! CONSUMER FRAUD…